A Lovely Year is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, a Lovely Year earns from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.
You’ve made the decision that you need to declutter. You know that living with less clutter your home will be great not only for your home but also for your wellbeing.
- Read more: 7 Reasons to Declutter Your Home
So you’ve started decluttering, using the strategies that work best for you.
You’re enthusiastic. You’re gaining momentum. Things are going well.
But then something happens. Something derails you and you find it hard to get back on track.
You feel your enthusiasm waning.
There’s no doubt that keeping going with any new project can be hard. Making changes in our lives is not easy, even when you start with great intentions.
When I start to feel myself going off track I love to turn to the wisdom of others. I love quotes both as a source of inspiration to get started and motivation to keep going.
Living intentionally means persevering, even if it would be so much easier to give up. It means taking steps, no matter how small, towards the life you want to live.
So if you need some extra inspiration here are my 10 favourite decluttering quotes to inspire you into action.
1. “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.”― Joshua Becker
2. “Your home is living space, not storage space” – Francine Jay
3. “The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don’t.” ―
4. “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful” – William Morris
5. “Happiness is a place between too little and too much” – Finnish proverb
6. “Buy less, choose well” – Vivienne Westwood
7. “Out of clutter find simplicity” – Albert Einstein
8. “Collect moments, not things” – Unknown
9.“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” –Leonardo DaVinci
10. “The more things you own, the more they own you.” –Unknown
Which of these decluttering quotes appeal to you? Save them to your Pinterest boards, or print them out and pin them up to remind and inspire you that life is better when we get rid of things that no longer serve us.
You can grab a PDF of all the quotes in the A Lovely Year Resource Library.
Subscribe to my weekly updates and get instant access to A Lovely Year Resource Library. Here you’ll find printable quotes, trackers and planners to help you create an intentional life you love.