The quest to get things done isn’t always easy.
Distractions and procrastination often mean those things that should be done today or this week, are delayed once again and continue to take up valuable space in your head and on your to-to-list.
Whether it’s a big project you’re delaying starting or a simple task that you’re avoiding, getting focused and taking action is the key to getting things done and feeling accomplished – a great happiness booster!
When you need a little extra help to stop procrastinating, focus your mind, and get things done, take a look at these inspiring quotes to motivate you into action.
1. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. – Joe Sabah
2. What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. – Mario Andretti
4. Action may not always bring happiness … but there is no happiness without action. – Benjamin Disraeli
5. Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin
6. Dream big, start small, but most of all, start. – Simon Sinek
7. Let your performance do the thinking. ―Charlotte Brontë
8. The future depends on what you do today. – Mahatma Gandhi
9. What is deferred is not avoided. ― Thomas More
10. A year from now you may wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
11. You may delay, but time will not, and lost time is never found again. — Benjamin Franklin
12. Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. – Alexander Graham Bell
13. Never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time. – Charles Dickens
14. Anything worth putting off is worth abandoning altogether. – Epictetus
15. Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. – William James
16. What may be done at any time will be done at no time. – Scottish Proverb
17. Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment. – Thomas Carlyle
18. Always remember, your focus determines your reality. — George Lucas
19. The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. — Socrates
20. I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. — Venus Williams
21. A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it. – Anonymous
22. Focus is a matter of deciding what things you’re not going to do. — John Carmack
23. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. — Bruce Lee
24. The only way around is through. — Robert Frost
25. The secret of getting things done is to act! — Dante Alighieri
So there you have it – 25 inspirational quotes to help motivate you to focus, take action and get things done.
Whether it’s a small step to start something big or a nagging little task to tick off your to-do list, now’s the time to do it and feel accomplished!