The path to an intentional life isn’t always straight forward. Without a doubt, there are plenty of twists and turns along the way.
Intentional living means making mindful decisions, taking action, and reviewing progress.
Sometimes that can feel like a lot of work. Sometimes it can feel easier to just drift along through life.
But you’ve made the decision to live an intentional life because you don’t want to drift. You want to live a purposeful life.
You want to:
- take charge of the direction your life is going, rather than drifting along mindlessly
- make choices that get you closer to where you want to be and how you want to live your life
- make decisions that have a positive impact on your life, both day-to-day, and in the future
So if you need a little extra inspiration to stop drifting and to stay focused, take a look at these 15 intentional living quotes.
Intentional Living Quotes about Values & Choices
The choices you make every day to support your values are crucial to creating an intentional life.
1. “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” — Aristotle
2. “Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others’ choices make us.” – Richie Norton
3. “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” Roy E. Disney
4. “Open your arms to change but don’t let go of your values.” – Dalai Lama
5. “The key is not to prioritize your schedule but to schedule your priorities.” – Steven Covey
6. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”— William James
7. “It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?” ― Henry David Thoreau
Intentional Living Quotes About Taking Action
You can’t create the life you want without taking action.
Action isn’t always easy, but it is essential.
8. “The future depends on what you do today.” — Mahatma Gandhi
9. “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” — C.G. Jung
10. “Never confuse movement with action.” — Ernest Hemingway
11. “Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others. ” — Plato
12. “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.” — Mark Twain
Intentional Living Quotes About Moving Forward
While action is essential, you don’t need to make big, dramatic changes to live intentionally.
Slow and steady progress will take you towards the life you want to live. Just keep moving forward.
13. “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
14. “To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.” – William Shakespeare
15. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
Which of these inspirational intentional living quotes appeal to you?
Save them to your Pinterest boards, or print them out and pin them up to inspire you.
Want to live more intentionally?
Be sure that you are focusing on the tasks that align with your values, and get you closer to your goals, by planning how you spend your time each day.
Subscribe below to receive weekly updates from A Lovely Year, and you’ll receive this free printable daily schedule.