Kindness is an action – and it’s a powerful action.
Acting with kindness towards both ourselves and others has a deep impact on the wider world around us.
To me, quotes are both a wonderful way of providing inspiration and a powerful reminder of what’s really important.
Take a look at my favorite kindness quotes to inspire more compassion, generosity, and love in the world.
1. Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. – Scott Adams
2. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness? – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
3. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind. – Eric Hoffer
4. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. – Amelia Earhart
5. Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
6. Kindness is like snow – it beautifies everything it covers. – Kahlil Gibran
7. Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. – Lao Tzu
8. Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. – Henry James
9. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. — The Dalai Lama
10. Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. —Mother Teresa
11. Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver. — Barbara De Angelis
12. Always be a little kinder than necessary. — James M. Barrie
13. To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error. — Liz Armbruster
14. Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life. — Jackie Chan
15. When words are both true and kind, they can change the world. —Buddha
16. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. — Aesop
17. If you can be anything, be kind. – Unknown
18. When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world. – Harold Kushner
19. The world is full of kind people… if you can’t find one, be one. – Unknown
20. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention. – Kahlil Gibran
21. Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give. – Unknown
Which kindness quotes do you love?
Why not save your favorites to your Pinterest boards, or perhaps print or copy them out to pop onto your noticeboard or into your bullet journal or planner.
Remember that kindness isn’t just reserved for others.
It’s important to be kind to yourself too.
Find out more: Embrace the Power of Self-Kindness
Self-care is a fundamental kindness you can give to yourself.