Winter. Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no doubt about it, winter comes around every year.
That is unless you can fly to the other side of the world each year to avoid it. But, that’s not really an option for most of us.
Personally, I’m a fan of winter.
I love the cosiness, the comfort food, and the beauty of nature during the colder months.
Though to be honest, I find something to love about every season.
I try my best to make the most of whatever season it is because, well, life is just more enjoyable that way. The seasons will come, and the seasons will go, and I try to embrace, rather than rail against them.
Do you need a little reminder of the joys of winter?
Take a look at my 15 favourite quotes about winter.
15 Favourite Winter Quotes
1. “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.”–Anamika Mishra
2. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”–Edith Sitwell
3. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.”– Aristotle
4. “The fire is winter’s fruit.”– Arabian Proverb
5. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.”– Hal Borland
6. “The color of springtime is flowers; the color of winter is in our imagination.”– Terri Guillemets
7. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.”-– Paul Theroux
8. “In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.”-– William Blake
9. “Snow brings a special quality with it—the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks.”– Nancy Hatch Woodward
10. “I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas. It brings people together while time stands still.”– Rachel Cohn
11. “There’s just something beautiful about walking in snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” — Carol Rifka Brunt
12. “When snow falls, nature listens.” — Antoinette Van Kleef
13. “Despite all I have seen and experienced, I still get the same simple thrill out of glimpsing a tiny patch of snow.” — Sir Edmund Hillary
14. “The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different.” — J.B. Priestley
15. “It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it.” — John Burroughs
Which one of these winter quotes do you love?
Save your favourite winter quotes to your Pinterest boards, or print them out and pin them up.
If you’re feeling creative why not add a favourite winter quote or two to a page in your bullet journal or planner?
If you need a little extra help to feel the winter love, check out my article 5 Reasons to Love Winter, which also includes 8 ideas for boosting your mood and making the most of the cosy season.